where can I find an Alternator?

>I don't know what happened, but I sent a message to the list a few days ago
>and I have not seen hide nor hare of it.  It was a lot of work to write and
>it is just gone.  What is up with that?  Can someone please tell me the
best
>way to find a good or new Bosh alternator?

I have found a local guy that specializes in starter and alternator
rebuilding.  Has done Bosch stuff for eons.  He also can rebuild an
alternator for more amperage, which is nice.  I would suggest looking in
your area for a similar shop or service.  Having worked at a place that sold
thousands of rebuilt Bosch units per year, the return percentage was scary.
Buy new or have it rebuilt locally.

gd