where can I find an Alternator?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:47:15 +0000, "greg hill"
<sciroccoiii@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know what happened, but I sent a message to the list a few days ago
>and I have not seen hide nor hare of it.  It was a lot of work to write and
>it is just gone.  What is up with that?  Can someone please tell me the best
>way to find a good or new Bosh alternator?

Since I had the time to look for a while (upgrading, not needing to
immediately replace a bad one) ebay worked for me.  It took a week or
two, but I found a freshly rebuilt 90amp for $48 shipped, barely more
than the typical core charge for that p/n at a FLAPS.   Do some
research and find the correct Bosch part number, VW number, and Lester
number.  The same Bosch alts show up on many VWs, Audis and other
makes, often physically identical but with different p/ns.  The alt I
found was selling from $125 to over $200 with core from other sources.

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm