Cutting up my 84 turbo!

On 6/14/05, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:

> There's no place to put a radiator for my water-to-air intercooler.
> So, I'm thinking about cutting out the front crossmember, replace it with a
> small tube frame and cut a hole in the front valence as an additional air
> intake.
> This would be a big step then.
> Anybody think I'm an idiot for contemplating this?
> Dan

Hell no, Dan.  The first cut is the hardest, after that it gets way easier... :)

The way I look at it, functional improvements on the original design
are just as legit as asthetic improvements on the original design.

It's not like you're a hack, we've seen your work... :)

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - the next GTD?