Hot, Hot HOt!! (suggestion to bring doen the oil Temp)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:15:55 -0700 (PDT), Neptuno
<neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>is that the 240 Volvo intercooler that you have on that picture?

The cooler is a 10 row (Swedish made) Setrab unit with Aeroquip s/s
braided hose and Earls fittings.  I don't remember the cost from 1986,
but I doubt it was anything close to what Autotech is asking now -
$469 for the kit!  The high volume pump will set you back another $99.

http://www.autotech.com/catalog/oilsys.htm

>In anycase how much more oil is needed in the car to make the pressure costant? or does the stock levels apply?

I have a 5 quart pan and that's what it takes as the cooler sits above
the oil level of the pan in my car.

There's some good info in the support TBs at http://www.melling.com/
about pressure and flow volume in an oil system.
Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9