Hot, Hot HOt!! (suggestion to bring doen the oil Temp)

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of
Gordon Forbess
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:08 PM

I don't see much talk about any kind of oil coolers here.  Does that
little joke of an oil/water cooler gizmo really do anything?  I see
Potter doesn't even sell a real oil cooler.

They heat up the oil faster, which helps with emissions as well as
performance.  With that in mind, the name 'oil-cooler' is a misnomer.  The
coolant and oil temps should be pretty close to one another unless the
coolant is actually higher.  My '83 never had one.  I did install a Euro oil
cooler setup, and I saw the temp drop 10*C straight off.

I would say get the air to oil cooler, the Euro setup if you can afford
it...

Cheers,
  David

Gordon