41-43 mpg?????

On 7:04:10 pm 06/07/05 "Dan" <danws69@earthlink.net> wrote:
> ok, I plugged all the stops into the PC, ran the miles, added all the
> fuel, took out what's left in the tank (in the equation), and came up
> with 42MPG.
>
> (2246 miles - 53.5 gallons)
>
> That's not too bad I guess....I was hoping to get closer to 45 but
> hey, that was with a lot of up and down and 70+ speeds.
>

> Dan Snow -TPA, FL
> '87 16v Scirocco
> '87 16v    -occo (? car-trailer)
> '82 DIESEL Scirocco (*NEW and IMPROVED daily driver)
> '81 Rabbit Sportruck
> '87 16v Scirocco (back-up shell)

I got unbelievable mileage in the 16V, it got beween 42 and 45 on the big
gallon, take 25% off that and it'd be correct for your gallon. Insane. I
have to check my numbers again, but it meshed with what the MFA fuel
economy figure showed too. Not that I trust it! How much better does life
get eh?

cathy