Suspension Questiion, NOW: Poly vs. Rubber.

> > <http://bildon.com/catalog/DetailsList.cfm?ID=TAS0137G&Nav=10>
> >
> > I have never used them, but it looks like a direct replacement for our
> > strut bushings.  Might be too harsh for a DD.  I luckily found a set
> > of rebuildable upper strut bushings in the PnP yard and have the poly
> > inserts and they nice.
>
> Seems like I have asked this, but in alzheimers' type fashion, I can't
remember.  What is the concensus of poly vs rubber for noise and vibration
abatement?

For STRUT bearings, the early metal-surrounded style, with rubber or poly
inserts are the only way to go.  The later rubber style suck and wear out
with amazing frequency.  Those linked  to above would be unbelievably harsh.
Race-only IMO.  The early style with poly inserts are just fine for
noise/vibration/harshness.  Much less than the rubber ones when they are
trashed, in fact.

gd