WAS: Suspension Questiion, NOW: Poly vs. Rubber.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:19:19 -0400, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
wrote:

>Seems like I have asked this, but in alzheimers' type fashion, I can't remember.  What is the concensus of poly vs rubber for noise and vibration abatement?

I've had the poly/graphite type for years.  Vibration hasn't been an
issue, but rain/heat seems to eventually drive whatever lube you use
out of them and creaking can get noticeable at slow speeds over bumps.
Rear mounts on A-arms have been most susceptible to this on my car.
I'm only guessing the others retain the lube a bit better.

Somebody, somewhere once recommended a particular grease, but I can't
remember either.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9