Poll - Go mk2? was: Replacement Fuse Panel

Jeff Toomasson wrote:
> The level of difficulty doesn't bother me...
> What say you Scirocco world?? :)

I think it's nutzoid to even consider rewiring a whole car but some
people here apparently do it.  Most gremlins are either IN the fuse
panel, AT the big plugs that plug into it, or IN the big plugs.  They
get wet, the copper corrodes, and the corrosion shorts things out
intermittently.  Wires and connections elsewhere can get pinched or
heated but that doesn't screw up the whole car, just one thing.
Here at the panel, the brake light wire can be right next to the blinker
fluid warning sensor overheat klaxon.

Most fuse panels I have in my pile have little bits of blue corrosion
someplace on the back.  It used to be that new panels were much more
than $100 even wholesale and they are a pain to do but still much easier
than stringing and soldering all 200 wires.  Sheesh.  If you have a new
panel from Julie, try that first.  And clean off any of the big plugs
that have any corrosion and push the wires in real good.