Alternator bolt question

On 2:08:56 pm 07/22/05 "Jim Ruffi" <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> A little pick tool, available at the parts store, can be used to
> scrape the dirt out of the head, which will allow you get that wrench
> as far in as possible.  There are about a million other uses for the
> little pick, my favorite of which is locating a hole when you're
> trying to bolt something through carpeting and can't find the hole
> you just drilled.
> Like this one:
> http://www.ipdusa.com/productscat.aspx?CategoryID=143&NodeID=4583&Root
> ID=629

I have the pick (a genuine Snap-On at that) used it, kroiled, hammered in
the socket, loosened the shaft part by moving the alternator up and down,
turned the wrench and it didn't snap. It rounded. By now I'm pretty
confident that it would have done so for anyone, (perhaps it was
pre-rounded by my nephew's previous eforts on the car) I DO know how to
remove a bucket bolt, or at least I tend to snap rather than round them. So
I've tried using a cold chisel to make a slot, and struck it again at an
angle to jar it loose, still won't move, and I have no clearance to get my
vice grips on it, that is, if I could find them, the kid has them
somewhere. Sorry to rant, I have just totally had it with cars, I spend all
my free time on them, and this one will cost me two tows and a pile of
money. Maybe I should just go for the tow, the price of scrap is up after
all. <JK>

Oh, and hubby just headed out in the POS Jetta, it hasn't seen road time
for two months, due to the need of what you may ask? Oh, an alternator.
Yeah, he'll kill it. Not that I care in any way about that one.

Cathy