From: "Greg Pallett" <greg.rocco@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:06 PM
Subject: Emissions inspection

Well, I finally did it. Took the time (remembered) to go ahve my car "smog
checked" so I could renew my tags. Interestingly, they couldn't do the
standard roller/treadmill test - my car is too low, the whel restraints
might crack a wheel if the car bucked while in the test. So they just did
the 2 minute idle test. The hydrovarbons were (test/inspection) 220ppm
permissible, 20ppm tested. CO 1.20pct permisible, 0.00 tested. CO2,
6.0permissible,
14.50 tested - but that's still a pass - maybe in MD it's 2 out of 3?
Now I have legal tags, and am not such a nervous driver anymore, scanning
for police everywhere. I'm ready to drive the dang car to H2o in September.
I don't have any reason to haev thought my car wouldn't have passed, but
then, it's 21 years old with custom exhaust and motor work... so I was
nervous.
 Thanks for reading my story!
 Greg

--
I'm all about doing monstrously stupid things against
my better judgement.