Coolant Temp/Syn Oil -- iced fuel

  I believe you always want the air-fuel mixture going into the cylinder to
be as cool as possible.  Cooler means more dense air, which means you cram
more fuel and air into the cylinder on each stroke, and of course any time
you increase the density of the intake air, you create more power.

  Engine efficieny increases with higher temperatures, but I don't remember
the exact theory behind it.  If you think about it, you want to expand that
stuff in the cylidner as much as possible, so if you start with the contents
of the cylinder being cooler and end with it hotter, it should expand more,
putting more pressure on the piston and more power, maybe???  Correct me if
I'm wrong.

                                               - Mark

Oh, yes, one other thing:  if hot fuel makes more power, why do drag racers
ice their fuel lines in cool cans?

Larry
sandiego16v