Recaro's

I'm with David; which Recaro do you speaketh of?
Your question is analagous to asking, "How good are Yokohama tires?"
Depends on which one you are talking about.

 I put a Procar Elite in my 'Roc for awhile.  Had to fabricate an
adapter/mount and yes, it does sit a small but noticeable amount higher than
the stock seat.  It's much more firm and you do not have the freedom to move
around laterally (for better or worse) with a performance seat.

 Recaro seats enjoy a very good reputation, and if I had the $2000 to spare,
I wouldn't mind putting a pair in my car....if for nothing else than the
shock value. :)
  I'd think your decision to get these seats would pretty much come down to
the cost.

Larry
sandiego16v