Was: question about oil filter change, now: different question about oil filter change

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:32:36 -0700, "Larry Fry" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I would be quite surprised if the Fram does NOT have a pressure relief
>valve.
> Either way, the lack of a PRV would not deter me from using a particular
>filter.  That valve is there to allow oil to bypass/flow through the filter
>in the event the filtering media was clogged with particulates.  My guess is
>that it would take upwards of 30,000 miles on a filter to achieve that
>state.

You're right about the PRV.  What the Fram doesn't have is the
anti-backflow valve that the Mahle and Mann do.  I found (or was
referred to) this page a while back:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

and

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy-german.html