Was: question about oil filter change, now: different question about oil filter change

I would be quite surprised if the Fram does NOT have a pressure relief
valve.
 Either way, the lack of a PRV would not deter me from using a particular
filter.  That valve is there to allow oil to bypass/flow through the filter
in the event the filtering media was clogged with particulates.  My guess is
that it would take upwards of 30,000 miles on a filter to achieve that
state.
  Do you change your filter more often than that?
  I do, too.    :)

Larry
sandiego16v

>I've currently got a Fram filter from autozone but I've had at least 2
>people specifically tell me not to use that one.  I forget who it was
>but someone (brian?) said something about a pressure release valve
>that the filter needs to have.

Use the Mann or Mahle with the relief valve.  My local autozone or
kragen does not carry them at all so I either buy online or from a
German auto parts store in LA.