mechanical pressure gauge

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:08:46AM -0400, wolfsbrg8v@bellsouth.net wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:00:10 -0400, Dan <dan@angband.org> wrote:
>
> >Just be careful where you run the tube.  I prefer the copper tube over
> >plastic... too easy to melt the plastic, plus it gets brittle over time.
> >Make sure that you secure the tube with zip-ties every 6 to 8 inches of
> >it's run to prevent fatigue cracking from vibration.
>
> Yeah I figured on the copper tube, but wouldn't have secured it that well.
> Thanks!

Heh, I come from an aviation background.  I've seen firsthand the damage
that occurs when wiring and tubing is not adequately supported...
especially a material like copper, which work hardens as it vibrates
overtime.

Dan

--
There is an art (...) or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

			- HHGTG