mechanical pressure gauge

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:26:31PM -0400, wolfsbrg8v@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I want to install a mechanical VDO oil pressure gauge on the 84.
> Mechanical vs. electrical because I want a reliable indicator with no
> additional circuitry to possibly malfunction.  (Dammit.)
>
> The plan is to put the sender in the low-pressure port on the head.
> Anybody using one of these, and any comments/tips/cautions on the
> installation?

Just be careful where you run the tube.  I prefer the copper tube over
plastic... too easy to melt the plastic, plus it gets brittle over time.
Make sure that you secure the tube with zip-ties every 6 to 8 inches of
it's run to prevent fatigue cracking from vibration.

Dan

--
I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.

                -- Senator Barry Goldwater, commenting on Jerry
                 Falwell's suggestion that all good Christians
                 should be against Sandra Day O'Connor's nomination
                 to the Supreme Court