[non-rocco] a2 brake line repairs.

> IIRC, the only thing tricky about hard brake lines are that you have
> to use a special flaring tool to make the proper ends.  A friend of
> mine once called it a "double bubble" flare.  Someone should know
> where to get the proper flaring tool.

You could do that, but when I did splicing of hard lines I just got a
compression fitting.  My local VW shop sold it to me for like $3 I
think.  They said it's absolutely as secure as doing the flares and
whatnot.  I think I tried to get it at NAPA and they didn't have them,
but they recommended a couple brake/hydraulic shops around that would
sell me the stuff I needed.
I think, too, though, that Autozone lends the flaring and bending
tools to work with brake lines.  NAPA is better for the parts, from my
experience, though.

-Grant-