[non-rocco] a2 brake line repairs.

Over the long weekend I decided to tackle the rear
brakes on my 1991 GTI 16v.  I put on new rear calipers
and almost intalled all the stainless steel lines.  On
1 line I had some trouble and broke a brake line off.

So I guess my question is how do I fix this line?  Can
I get a whole line from vw from the rear prop valve to
where the rubber line was by the rear beam? Or can I
use brake lines at the local auto parts store and
"splice into" the old line?

I've never had any trouble with the hard brake lines
under vw's so I am clueless on how to repair them.

Thanks for any info guys,
Tony
91 GTI 16v, with 3 brakes at the moment..