Some Scirocco 16V Questions

> Thanks for the feedback everyone.
>
> Who on this list is running cams on a 2L 16V, and which cams are you
> running?
>
> This car will be my daily driver, so I don't want to mung around with the
> low end too much, but I'd like to get as solid of a gain as I can without
> affecting the drivability too much.

I am not running cams yet, but it sounds like you are a prime candidate for
a Euro intake cam.  Have you done the other mods - exhaust, intake, etc.?  I
plan on using an exhaust cam as an intake with a vernier internal gear to be
able to time it correctly.

To be honest, a port and polish that is well done will give you approx the
gain of some good cams, but without the powerband shift and soft low end.
Another benefit is that if you do go to cams, a ported head makes better use
of them.

gd