Re: Cleaning exterior of fuel lines to injectors

You can usually find from auto supply shops the silver-ish coloured paint
they use on alternator casings...this stuff is great to use to spray the
ends after hitting them with a wire wheel...I've seen many local 16v nuts
do this

sandor
81S

I would like to clean up the 16v fuel lines.  The current ones on my car
are starting to rust on the solid portion of the fuel line near the
injectors.  Has anyone just buffed the solid portion with a wire wheel?
Does this last or will they just rust faster now that the anodized
coating has been removed?
Thanks, Rick.