From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Mark F.
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 12:44 PM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: Stake your axle nuts!

Well my friend Sean rang in the new year on the side of the highway
broken down in his 85 8v.  He had the car towed to my place just after
midnight, and we discovered that the axle nut had worked it's way
loose and it looks like the hub/bearing is destroyed...  The weird
thing is we just swapped out the hubs about a month ago with ones I
had lying around, and I remember specifically torquing the axle nuts
to the proper torque...  SO, I guess the lesson in all this is to
stake the axle nuts - even though it's an "egg nut"...

Mark - sick with the flu on New Year's  :(
75
80 S
81 Caddy - sold (whelp!)
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt