From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Foxx (in a box)
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 9:02 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: no start (and dead starter?)

having problems with my '86 8v. we've had misty ran here lately and my car doesn't care for it (ran into this previously but the problem fixed itself then). for the most part, the car will crank and not catch.

i know it's getting fuel as i can smell it flooding. i would check for spark but when i was trying to start it tonight the batter ran a little low. i hooked up the battery charger and tried to start it again. now all i get is the inital single -slow- turn over then click-click-click, then another turn over followed by three more clicks. the voltmeter inside says i have 12V+.
  i'm thinking my no start problem is the coil, but as for the starter,

did the battery charger kill it or was it simply on its way out? i have spares of both, but it became too dark and cold to work on it tonight. any ideas would be helpful. thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com