Re: no start (and dead starter?)

Michael lane wrote:
Most of the time when you have running conditions related to rain, and
humidity it's fairly easy to point the finger at plug wires. Not to
mention that misting rain stuff gets into everything. I would try
swapping out the plug wires for a known good set to rule out crossfire.
-Mike

I addition to the plug wires I would add you should recondition your Battery to chassis/block and Battery to Starter cables.

They are cheap to source from your FLAPS, (f. local parts store).

When things are misty (rainy) and very humid and you are not getting good starting then you must not have a good connection, and/or have lots of resistance/corrosion in the path.

The iron, and more importantly Copper in the electrical system WANTS to transport the electricity. Getting in the way is corrosion and age.

Clean your cables connections and rebolt, having smeared a little dielectric grease on the clean metal 1st. If you don't have any, use petroleum jelly instead. Or just swap them out for some 4, 2 or even ZERO gauge cables ;])

Also, check for condensation under the Distributor's cap. This along with say carbon tracks can lead to a short circuit.

TBerk