RE: Question for the Boosted guys....

Have you checked th eoperation of the wastegate?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Winchell [mailto:xavsbud@gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 11:35 AM
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Question for the Boosted guys....

Ok, I have a problem that I want to verify it is what I think it is.
Back Ground: This is a Corrado G60 Motor (in a Rocc) the g-lader was
swapped for a Turbo.

The problem:  I have an exhaust manifold gasket leak that has gotten
worse.
The question: As of right now I am getting no boost.  Is it that the
leak at the manifold/head is causing enough back pressure that the turbo
is not spooling? Or do I have another problem that I need to be looking
into?

Any help and suggestions would be great.

TAI for your help,

Dave

--
David L. Winchell, II
'87 Scirocco 2.0L 16V

San Francisco * San Diego * Los Angeles * Sacramento * Orange County * Las Vegas * Portland * Houston * Phoenix
This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended recipients identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all copies. GORDON & REES LLP  http://www.gordonrees.com