Re: Re: Heated Seats?

>I had that crap on my '74 Beetle.  Eventually, the car would not start, and it took me a while before I figured it out (pre-Bentley)...

That was one of those bright ideas from the government as I recall.
You would often see people fastening the belt and then sitting on top
of it.  Dumb, and that eventually led the safety nazis to the (IMHO)
monumental annoyance of all time.. the traveling seat belt "mouse" on
the door frame.  That was one thing I hated about the Corrados that
had it.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9

Yes, I agree...  Thing is, airbags will be the next abomination to cause owners to curse DOT.  1200.00 air bags?  Frequent faults with either the clockspring at the steering wheel, or harnesses at the side airbags?  In fact, I read an article overseas somewhere that 137 side airbags had deployed for no reason, they are considering a recall, but nothing at this point...  Possibly caused by static discharge?  What with possible frequent seat adjustments everytime you get in and out of the car?  Ack!  I am glad I do not have them...  My three-point safety belt is quite enough...

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. --Ralph Waldo Emerson