Re: Heated Seats?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:07:36 -0500, you wrote:

On the 1975 models, in addition to the warning light there was a
continuity loop created when the seat belt was buckled.  If you sat in
the seat and attempted to start the car without the belt fastened, no
go.  Needless to say, the warning light, buzzer and the starter
interlock (I think that's what they called it) were among the first
"weight saving" measures I applied to the car.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9

I had that crap on my '74 Beetle.  Eventually, the car would not start, and it took me a while before I figured it out (pre-Bentley)...

That was one of those bright ideas from the government as I recall.
You would often see people fastening the belt and then sitting on top
of it.  Dumb, and that eventually led the safety nazis to the (IMHO)
monumental annoyance of all time.. the traveling seat belt "mouse" on
the door frame.  That was one thing I hated about the Corrados that
had it.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9