Re: will start, but won't stay running

From: "Nathan Lowe" <nathanlowe@charter.net>
Date: 2005/01/05 Wed AM 09:31:27 EST
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: will start, but won't stay running

My car (a '79 w/ 2.0 aba swap) is having a problem staying running. I can start it fine, but once I turn the key from the "start" to "run" position it dies. It was doing this a few months ago but stopped on its own. Now it's doing it again. The battery is fine and I just replaced the ignition switch trying to fix the problem, nothing is different. I'm stumped as to where to go next with this? Any ideas what it could be and how I could check that? I'm a novice here so please be kind in your explinations :)

Nathan

Not likely, but did you check to see if the wires connected at the coil were tight?

Just a thought.  I occassionally have to re-crimp the connections here and there.

G/L
David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. --Ralph Waldo Emerson