RE: this guy deserves a serious beatdown

...That kinda sounds like the Autotech solid lifter 286 cam.

http://www.autotech.com/catalog/cam_vt.htm :

The last word in performance solid lifter cams. This cam runs strong after
3000 rpm and peaks at 6800 rpm, netting a 13 horsepower gain. The profile is
11.2mm lift with a 286 degree duration measured (the European way) at 0.1mm
check clearance. Translated, this is 0.436 inches lift and 243 degrees of
duration at 0.050" check clearance. The AUTOTECH Sport 286° solid lifter cam
works best on injected cars that are already extensively modified. This cam
requires the use of SportTuned valve springs and may require lifter bore
clearancing on 1.6L and 1.7L production cylinderheads. Lifetime warranty

I installed the 286 cam in Mars' 1.7L, lumpy idle, and it really woke up the
1.7L engine at 4000RPM, and it pulls strong to 7000RPM. :)

I took Mark Fokkens for a drive in it at Waterfest, maybe he can chime in...

The little engine that could...

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/