Re: VIN on Rain tray or NOT?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:32:46 -0600 (CST), "Jeff Toomasson"
<area53@validpath.com> wrote:

VW began listing the numbers on the raintray in 1981. Before that they were stamped on the passenger side strut tower.

That (the strut tower on my 75) would have been the absolute last
place the "verifier" would have looked when I had to get it checked.
I lost the original title years ago applied for a new one last year.
Since the sticker was still present on the drivers door jamb, she went
no further (after first looking thru the windshield at the dash ID
plate and recording what kind of rivet heads attached it!) but said we
would have had to look at the plate on the upper rad support if that
sticker wasn't there.  In California, you can get the CHP, DMV or Auto
Club (always best choice) to do this.

Do Mk2s have the ID plate on the upper rad support?  I'm guessing the
dash ID plate and door sticker are universal on all cars.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9