Re: Light makes right

Gordon Forbess wrote:

Good reference, Robert.  My POV is totally street performance with a
high degree of "driveability" and comfort...

Another case of Great Thinks mind Alike.

I can see reducing crank, and other internals, mass. I like the general idea of a lightened flywheel, but I'd rather have a 'knife-edged' and rebalanced crank if it was an either or.

Just a thought; what if you had some magical Zero Mass power train. Valves, Rods, Cylinder Heads, Crank, all of it weighed nothing at all.

The only forces to contend with would be the fuel combustion and subsequent expulsion of the spent gases. Hmmmm.

TBerk
my original point was I like to temper my all out performance goals with some civilized creature comfort as well.