OT cold start problem with 96 Jetta

We just had the ignition switch and lock cylinder replaced on my wife's 96 jetta 2.0. Since we got the car back it has trouble starting with a cold engine. You have to rev it to get it to start otherwise it will just crank. Everything else appears normal. Drives and runs fine. Starts like a champ with a warm engine. The only thing I can think is maybe having the battery unhooked has done something to the ECU. Make any sense? Thanks in advance.
Matt
1981 Mars Red
1987 8v Auto
Louisville, KY