Re: TT 16v Exhaust repair coupler

As long as you have the Scirocco 16v exhaust manifold, you can use the same downpipe. Depending on your time frame, I would say make the current one last and then buy the TT replacement DP (from Peter of course) and a fresh set of motor mounts for when you swap the 9A in. Odds are that your mounts are to blame for your recurring exhaust problem. Of course, the mounts can be done in advance of the motor swap if your schedule won't allow, but doing them when the motor's out is, needless to say, _much_ more desirable...

HTH, JT

Hello.  Was wondering if getting this repair coupler for my exhaust on the
rocco would be a good idea.  I have been putting welds down on this
connection for the past year now to hold it together when the motor revs. I would eventually like to do the 2.0 9A conversion. Do I need a different
exhaust coming from the motor when I do the conversion to accomodate the 9A
block?  Or will I be able to use the stock 16v exhaust that is currently on
the 1.8l.  Just wondering if I should go and get the TT coupler or wait
till I convert the motor.  I have thrown so many welds on the pipe coupler
that I'm afraid I'll have nothing left to weld to.  Thanks for any
sugggestions. Chadster 16v