To: <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
Cc: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: TT 16v Exhaust repair coupler

As long as you have the Scirocco 16v exhaust manifold, you can use the
same
downpipe. Depending on your time frame, I would say make the current one
last
and then buy the TT replacement DP (from Peter of course) and a fresh set
of
motor mounts for when you swap the 9A in. Odds are that your mounts are to
blame for your recurring exhaust problem. Of course, the mounts can be
done in
advance of the motor swap if your schedule won't allow, but doing them
when the
motor's out is, needless to say, _much_ more desirable...

HTH, JT