RE: [SPAM] Re: Need list opinion for final decision on purchase

----- Original Message -----
From: "GGehrke" <ggehrke@gmail.com>
To: "Scirocco list" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:38 PM
Subject: Need list opinion for final decision on purchase

My last car looked pretty good to me when I bought it, and then I
realized I was in over my head.  It was a mistake.  I don't want to
make a mistake again, so I'm asking the list for harsh honest
opinions.  I want a car that I don't have to worry about the rust
(like on my current car, where the rear axle is in danger of falling
off) but not some pristine time capsule car that I will overpay for.
I want a project but not something that will require a complete
overhaul.

Is this it?

-Grant-

It looks like a nice solid starting point for a project.  If it were me, I'd
*have* to tear the car down to do a proper repaint...that brings up all of
the MKI parts issues, like windows seals and such.  I guess that if you are
(a) willing to do a less-involved repaint and are willing to live with the
complications or (b) have the time and resources to get it all fixed up.

But that's me.  I tend to focus on the body (pun).

Jim