RE: Julie's update

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Matthew H.
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:21 PM
To: Julie Macfarlane; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Julie's update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:43 PM
Subject: Julie's update

Julie,
 I am glad to see that the car will come around another time.  I have a
soft spot for the Mk1 owners and their cars found on this list.  They do
what I would love to do, but cannot do yet.  They rebuild, modify, and drive
the ideal early water-cooled VWs.  I love my GTI, and I will not part with
it.  However, if I could get all the parts for a Mk1 at nearly the same
money as I could for my GTI, it would be no contest...  Your demonstrated
commitment reminds me that I could do it if I wanted to as well.  I
appreciate that, and I appreciate your car!  You will have it up and running
again...  :)

David
.

Heh, people who don't have their own thing for cars and have a passion for
them will never understand the emotions of an enthusiast. I small-talked
with a couple of girls at work one night, saying that I love my car, that
it's the only true freedom I have, that it gets me the places I need to go,
and that it's important to me. "Well, you'll feel that with a new car." I
tried to explain that it's a feeling that you'd have to feel for yourself.