Re: Need list opinion for final decision on purchase

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:38:25 -0500, GGehrke <ggehrke@gmail.com> wrote:

+Rain tray is busted up, leaks a little (carpet "gets damp overnight
in the rain")

This is the only thing I'd be worried about with this car...  What
does he mean by "busted up'?   Is it rotted (usually rots where
anything is bolted to the rain tray)?  How long has it been leaking?

The first thing I'd do with that car is rip up the carpets and
underpadding in the front footwells.  A surpising amount of rust could
be hiding under there if it's been leaking for years...

Other than that, for $800 I think that's a good price for the car -
and definitely ALOT more solid than anything you'll find on this side
of the continent...

Later,

Mark.
75