Re: Seat channel and mono wiper questions

THANKS DICK!!! You just clued me into how to get the "home" position
straight up and down. I will have to mess with it a little bit but
when its done I will write it up and I will take a lot of pics along
the way. If salty weasle wants a copy to put up on his site when I'm
done I'd be glad to get him one (email me off list there buddy.)

I will try to get this started next week if I can get under the hood
of my car in storage by then. Other wise it'll be in late March when I
get to getting it done.

Rhett

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:33:54 -0800, Dick Y Wong
<sailingfc@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> > I just wish it would cover all of the driver's side with it's stroke

> > instead of the passenger side. It's slow enough as it is, but it makes

> > driving in the rain even worse since it doesn't clear all the water

> > off. How can I fix this, or is this typical?

It looks a little low in the parked position at the pass. side. I know that
on my car, the wiper is a good 2 inches from the edge of the windshield
rubber. You might try re-clocking the arm. One way to guarantee coverage is
to cycle the wiper until the blade is as far on the driver's side as
possible. Turn on the wiper and stop it by turning off the ignition(you'll
probably have to try this a few times to get it just right). While the blade
is stopped at the max travel, unbolt the pivot nut, lift and reposition the
blade, tighten the nut back, check the position(almost touching the A-pillar
rubber?). When you are satisfied with the coverage, tighten everything and
turn ignition back to on. The wiper has now parked again. It should be
somewhat higher than before. This is where it should be at for best
driverside coverage.

Passenger can't see through the blade now? Oh well... Deal with it. ;-D

GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner