Re: damn lucky west -coasters-need fast reply! Hope someone can!

Being that I just purchased another scirocco out west without seeing
it yet, I feel like I'm in a good position to give advice.

DO NOT get too emotional about the car.  About 9 months ago I found
one I wanted, thought I had to act quick and thought it was a great
deal, jumped on it, and got ripped off hardcore.  I thought the paint
was in poor shape and that was it, and then found a lot of rust and
worsening mechanical issues.  My second time around I didn't make
those mistakes.  Before you think any further about this car, you need
to verify with 100% certainty that it is rust free and problem free. Ask for more pictures. LOTS of pictures. The guy I just bought from supplied lots off the bat and I still requested a couple dozen more. It was about a 2 week process of talking about the car before I
paypal'd him a deposit.  If you're going to make a trip like that you
have to be sure you know what you're getting because if you get there
and it's not what you thought it was, then you're screwed.  And if you
get there and it's not what you want then you also HAVE to be able to
walk away.  You need to know every single detail about this car.

-Grant-

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:23:57 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time), carol