Help Timbo Decide...

I've been through Philly and Denver, and I'd recommend Denver in a
heartbeat, because a) they don't use salt on their roads, and b) there
are mountains in Colorado.
Why don't you stay in Colorado (where I'll eventally end up, if I can
convince the wife to move to the Western Slope), but move out of Denver?
Somewhere still most mountainous, but less Denverous?
Nate