Boxing Day Racing long, with some VW content)

On 11:33:38 am 12/27/05 "Bennett, Christopher P ET1 MARMC 1230B"
<chris.p.bennett@navy.mil> wrote:
> NICE.
>
> Go to TowerHobbies.com for RC crap.  I would recommend a model rocket
> starter for "ignition" purposes.  Maybe a tube full of bottle rockets
> or a roman candle for artillery purposes.  Maybe even a battery of
> "mars missiles"...

Great idea, except my mom might not be too thrilled, it would just mean
some "Modification of the Rules" for next year, and rocket stuff we have
<EG>. I like the noise factor here...

> I would GUT the bear altogether and put a 14 turn quad modified motor
> in it, with a 3300mah pack (7.2v) or hell get a Novak Super Rooster and
> 10 single 3300 cells for a 12v monster.  You could pull 90+ amps off
> that with a drag motor like the one I mentioned above.
> I had a Bolink car that ran something like that and I couldn't give
> it more than 3/4 throttle at ANY speed or it would do INSANE 360's.
> Also even with the 10 cells in the front of the car it tended to LIFT
> quite a bit with the lamborghini body.
> Good luck.  You should video tape it.

I'm not sure what this motor is, it was from one of his buddies up North,
and he had done some oval carpet circuit with it. All I know is it's too
fast on the lower speed setting, (needs wheelie bars really) and it puts my
wimpy boat motor to shame. I think this thing's on it's fourth engine. We
were thinking of those fan boat rigs, any experience with them?
Adam was bemoaning the fact that his multichannel airplane radio may be
pooched, but I pointed out to him that I have a second surface one, so we
could have dedicated servos/radio/operator for weapons.....yeah, way too
much time and bear on my hands. Or was it beer?

Oh, Rocco content? My road's a mud hole, no Roccin' here, (though Daun was
nice enough to phone and tell me he's out bombing aroung in Gino, the rat)
but I'm hoping to get some wiring done, as in garage wiring. That has to
count for something.
Cathy