salvage 85 rocco available...

I have a friend who has an 85 rocco that he wants to get rid of for
salvage (like $75).  It is located in Glen Carbon, Illinois, about 25
miles east of st. louis.

The engine needs major repair.  His wife was driving it when it
developed a leak at the oil cooler/filter mount.  she continued to drive
through the buzzer until it seized.  He was intending to rebuild but has
decided to throw in the towel.

It is charcoal gray with black interior.  No dents or bad door dings but
there are a few small rust bubbles.  It is basically a stock vehicle.
Not sure if they are the "real" recaro seats but the fabric is worn on
the drivers side outer bolster.  The dash has the usual cracks.  It has
the factory "spider" alloy wheels.  The odometer reads 140,000.

The body seems to be straight and would be a good foundation for a
project car, not to mention the parts bonanza for only $75.

He started to tear it down just a bit - the drive shafts are off (now in
the trunk) and the radiator is out. One would need a dolly to tow it or
put on some dummy CV ends to secure the bearings.

There has been some recent talk on this list about preventing rocs from
going to the shredder.  Here is your chance to act.  email me and I will
put you in touch with the owner.  I can also snap some photos if you
wish.