electrical gremlins, water leaks (mk 1), seat swaps

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:21:20 -0800, "Todd Guse" <toddguse@msn.com>
wrote:

>Seats.the car has the original ones, the driver's seat is broken down. I
>drive it a lot. I rebuilt an 83 JH code 1.8 last June at 133k. It has 141k
>now, 8k in 6 months. I have a sore rear when I get out after a long drive,
>but it does have a tight suspension and you feel every bump in the road.
>I've looked at aftermarket seats, they seem kinda hard. It's not uncommon
>for me to drive 2 tanks of gas on the weekends, we have fun roads here
>(Olympic Peninsula). I drool over those black leather seats in the newer
>Jettas, anyone know if they fit? I'm not autocrossing so I'm looking for
>comfort. Any ideas?

G60 Corrado seats slid right in my car with only a bit of metal
trimming and enlarging of the adjustment holes in the center rail.
Cheap.. $120 for a pair of them in good shape.   They need only some
bolster work on the driver seat to make them like new.  The height is
adjustable so no head banging issues.. which might be a problem with
some other VW seats.

http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/interior.jpg

My reupholstered original seats actually LOOK a bit better, but after
I installed these, no way will I go back.  Excellent  support and
comfort.  If I get around to re-doing the upholstery, I would add an
inflatable lumbar support.
Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm