Hose clamps

--- Chris <open.seas@verizon.net> wrote:
> See Pegasus Racing for 3 sizes of Oetiker clamps and
> a dual jawed
> installation tool (to squeeze the clamps with the
> tool perpendicular to
> say, the axis of an axle, or parallel to the axis)

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3295

Interesting stuff and a great overall site.

The Oetiker clamps are beautiful.  However, those type
are really a limited use type for me.  Not for your
main coolant hoses, I don't think, because some of
them (upper and oil cooler-to-thermostat housing) need
to be undone from time to time.  And those are a PITA
to take off and basically destroyed once you do.
Unless the crimping tool has some cool way of
loosening them so you can reattach them later (doubt
it).

But there certainly are other hose applications where
they'd be nice.  Again, however, is the issue of
removal and how difficult that is.  You'd have to cut
the clamp, unless as I've said there is a special tool
for removal.

Very nice link, however.  Thanks.

-Phil