Clutch Help!

On 1:54:19 pm 12/17/05 Dan Bubb <dan.bubb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really???
> The kevlar disc in my nephew's car grabs like a, well, like a broke
> nephew at his uncle's wallet! ;^)
> He's running a SPEC stage II clutch and it's virtually in or out
> although pedal pressure is not bad at all. (can't wait to see what my
> stage III is going to be like!)
> The 16V pressure plate is reputed to be stronger than the 8V PP. And I
> know a guy with a supercharged 8V running lots of boost that only has
> a 16V PP and kevlar disc with no slip!
> Is your PP new? Any chance it's just an 8V?
>

> I've now got a Bully Stage 2, it has a good streetable feel (as did my
Centreforce Dual Friction, but the Centreforce friction disc is built on a
Sachs core, it had four double sets of springs vs six springs in this one).
Not sure what its longevity will be, and we certainly aren't putting down
massive power (133hp last dyno). But I can vouch for it having a good feel
(as in, you could do stop and go traffic with it) and good grab. But
Kevlar, damn, that should be above what I have. This one has seen one
season of not-so-much abuse, a lot of rainouts this year. That's my two
cents.
Cathy