Eurospec head on eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Bubb" <dan.bubb@gmail.com>
To: "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>
Cc: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>; "Nate Mellom" <doubt@inwave.com>;
"Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: Eurospec head on eBay

David,
Phil is correct that they cast them themselves here in the US.
There was an article in some VW magazine when they first came out back
in 93-94 showing the raw castings and their subsequent machining.
Also, I owned one of these from 95-2000 or so. It's not a VW casting.

Not to beat the horse to death on tangential minutia (my speciality, I
know), but I can't agree.  I worked for Overland, aka Eurospec for a
distgustingly short period of time as a salesman in '98.  They have no
casting abilities, they only buy direct from the manufacturers which as I
mentioned may explain the differences from an OE casting.  To be plain, they
may have commissioned a head from the original manufacturer, ie the cleaner
casting, non-OE head, etc., but they themselves have did not do it.  I would
be interested in reading the article if it says otherwise, perhaps things
changed before I got there?  *shrug*  I really don't know.  All I know is,
they only had the one facility in '98, and there were no casting facilities
there, only an excellently prepped machine shop with more than capable
workers.  I never saw a raw, unmachined head, but it is more than possible
that is how they bought them and machined them themselves for the final
product...

I can't tell you how many times I had wished I could have survived there
professionally.  Looking at all the fresh, go-fast parts was more than
exhillirating...

David