Eurospec head on eBay

David,
Phil is correct that they cast them themselves here in the US.
There was an article in some VW magazine when they first came out back
in 93-94 showing the raw castings and their subsequent machining.
Also, I owned one of these from 95-2000 or so. It's not a VW casting.

OTOH, I hardly share Phil's unbridled enthusiasm for them. I had my
stock 84 head ported by Colin at Techtonics. It outflows the Eurospec
head ( have the numbers to prove it) and the ports are smaller which
means better velocity and combustion.
Quite frankly, Eurospec just got stupid on port size.
Also, I'm not sure about the comment about 2.0 vs.1.8 head. There is
only one Eurospec head. It's not specific to engine size. But, due to
the overly large ports Eurospec does recommend NOT fitting it to a 1.8
unless it's out and out race!

The head certainly isn't trash, you'll pay just about as much to have
a head ported by a professional that will flow better, but it ain't
going to outflow a 16V either.
Dan