Eurospec head on eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>
To: "Nate Mellom" <doubt@inwave.com>; "Scirocco List"
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:47 AM

> Wait.  I see it has 40 bids.  Clearly you are
> wondering what they are all so crazy about.
>
> OK, well Eurospec is the only company that casts their
> own VW heads (that I know of).  All other
> 'performance' heads are VW cast (and oftentimes
> remanned heads).  Eurospec has a cleaner casting
> process and then goes in and flows the head themselves
> after casting.  There is no finer production head
> available.
>
> I might be sounding a bit overenthusiastic about this,
> but it is the start of the weekend for me.

I hate to disagree Phil.  They do have an excellent porter, but they make no
castings.  They go overseas and buy from the original manufacturer,
sometimes with minor changes for their benefit depending on the product.
Their lightweight flywheels are an excellent example, the are all cast
instead of machined lightweight which makes them a bit more durable.
 They -may- indeed do this with their heads, I was never intimately involved
with that side of the business to say for sure, but I would doubt it,
because of the cost involved.

Either way, they do have a good product.  Their customer service is nothing
like their products though, which is why they don't deal with individuals,
only businesses.  But that is best left to another thread...  [/rant]

David