OT: Arrrgh!!!

Chris Bennett wrote:

> I really hate headhunters.

Commission?  He's probably 100% commission, and that's exactly why he's
pressuring you.  I think your response was perfect.  Fuckem.  You hold
all the cards, and it's YOUR life/career.  He'll collect if/when you
determine if this is right for you.

I was born and raised in the bay area, and would love to live there
again someday IF the cost of housing ever comes down out of earth orbit.
There's no such thing as affordable housing there any more, even if you
live way way out on the fringes.  People commute 2-4 hours ONE WAY just
to be able to afford some WAY-overpriced place somewhere out in the
sticks.  If a housing bubble is coming (and I"m not at all convinced
there is), I think California, and the bay area in particular, will be
ground zero for an implosion.  The other thing that could crater home
prices there is a huge earthquake, always a possibility in either the SF
or LA areas (and many beyond).

It's an awesome area, I'm quite sure you and the whole family would
absolutely love living there.  The climate is probably as good as
anywhere on the planet. Rust-free Sciroccos still roam hither and yon. I
suggest that you Just be sure to figure out the housing equation and if
it fits.  Good luck!

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ