OT: Arrrgh!!!

Well ladies, gentlemen, submariners...

       As per official Navy message traffic, I am to be seperated from Naval
Service involuntarily in 30 days or less.  This was what I expected, as I am
semi disabled now.  Today it was official.  So it seems that I will be able
to accept this job in California.  I almost called the entire thing off
since the headhunter got pushy with me.  I talked to the company HR lady and
I told her that I would be available approximately 30 January.  Also I have
been asking some very specific questions about where exactly the company
expects me to live (in relation to commute times and locality of airports) I
finally got a hold of my new supervisor and got a good grasp on it.  I am
STILL attempting to research the feasibility of the locations he suggested
(for those of you local he suggested Vacaville and just about anything on
the I-80 corridor).  I don't have much in the way of long term bills with
the exception of the R32 payment which balances with the car allowance,
HOWEVER I do have a financial obligation to my ex wife and my first two
kids.  So that is all a factor when I look at if I can afford to live there
or not.

This is what I told the company and what I told the headhunter guy.  So the
headhunter guy asked like a million questions and he asked why I was still
trying to do research when I had accepted.  I told him that I informed the
company I would be AVAILABLE, but I have not signed any contract or made any
formal correspondence accepting the offer I have ALWAYS said that this job
hinges on three things:  1) timing on getting out of the Navy  2)If I was
getting a severence package--especially since the pay offer was a little
short.  This was going to suppliment for the first year.  3) If I could
AFFORD to live in the area that they specified.  I am not sure why he was
trying to pin me down to an answer.  I know those guys get a commission.

Finally I got pissed off at him and said look if I need to give you an
answer right this second then it's NO because I am not going to commit to
something I don't know all the details on.  I will not be pressured into a
decision.

Well I have to tell the company that...

Sure fine go ahead.  I thought that the HRO lady and I was on the same page,
and if you can't give me a little time to figure this out then fine the
answer is no.

He backed up and said he would call me tommorow.  Whatever.  Maybe I am
being a hothead about it, but there is no point moving out there if I can't
afford to live.  I would be wasting my time and the companies if I made a
rash decision.

I really hate headhunters.

Fookers.

--